Part-Time Food Services Supervisor - Hamilton, ON
PART-TIME FOOD SERVICES SUPERVISOR
Candidates are invited to apply for the part time position of Food Services Supervisor to work 22.5 hrs. /biweekly in our 160 bed long-term care facility, located in Hamilton Ontario.
Reporting to the Dietary Manager, the Food Services Supervisor is responsible for managing all aspects of the Food Service operations to meet the nutritional needs of the residents and to ensure the effective and efficient preparation and delivery of meals to residents within legislative and budgetary constraints.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, organize, and provide high quality dietary services for residents of the facility.
- Apply continuous quality improvement principles to workflow, performance, production and changes to service and dietary requirements to meet legislative requirements.
- Select, supervise and motivate dietary staff; ensure dietary staff work as a team in order to provide a high level of productivity and the best use of staff capabilities.
- Ensure environment of all food preparation and storage areas meets Public Health requirements.
- Maintain all records in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements, including the implementation and posting of all regular and therapeutic menus.
- Liaise and consult with residents, families, government officials, and professionals in relation to resident care needs and department activities.
- Participate in the budgeting process; is accountable for the departmental budget and food costs.
CLOSING DATE: February 23, 2018Interested applicants please forward your resume in confidence to the attention of:Pilar HendersonAdministratorphenderson@extendicare.com
- Current membership in the Canadian Society of Nutritional Management (C.S.N.M.) or a Registered Dietician required
- Post-secondary education and the successful completion of a recognized Food Services and Nutrition Management Program.
- Minimum 2 years dietary management experience in long-term care setting
- Strong leadership skills to direct the work of employees
- Superb organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Experience managing employees within a unionized setting
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety practices, principles and legislation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Customer-focused with high emphasis on building and maintaining relationships with clients.