30hrs bi-weekly + on call + variable hrs
Applications are invited for the permanent part-time position of Cook at our facility in Oshawa, Ontario.
Reporting to the Dietary Manager, this position will be following established policies, procedures and standards, preparing and servings food for the residents, including the more complex meal preparation for the facility (dinner, sauces, desserts etc.), cleaning production area and equipment.
• Prepares food and nourishments including evening meal following standardized recipes and production sheets.
Provides for prescribed diets, including variations in texture. Ensures meals are served on time, at appropriate
temperatures and in portion controlled quantities.
• In the absence of the Dietary Manger/Supervisor, decides on menu changes as necessary and ensures that
changes are recorded following department procedures.
• Monitors quality and quantity of food supplies ordered, proper operation of kitchen equipment and alerts Manager
of problems. Recommends corrective action.
• Directs Dietary Aides in basic food preparation procedures and in serving activities at meal times; assumes
responsibility for routine departmental operations in the absence of the Dietary Manager, including staff replacements
and service calls for malfunctioning equipment.
• Maintains all required records such as menu changes, delivery receipts, temperature checks; cooperates with other
departments to meet resident needs.
• One Of the following: Cook certificate, Cook 1, Cook 2 or Institutional Cook or has as a Chef training or Culinary
Management diploma, or Food Nutrition Management diploma .
• Considerable experience in institutional large quantity cooking
• Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures
• Ability to read and write English, and understand moderately complex verbal and written instructions in English
• Proven ability to provide direction and lead others within a busy environment.
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
LEA-ANNE BUDGE, DIETARY MANAGER firstname.lastname@example.org