Nominations are currently open for the 2018 – 2019/2020 Board of Directors.
Nomination deadline: April 6, 2018
Are you interested in serving as a Director on the CSNM’s Board of Directors? Here is your opportunity for learning, sharing and contributing to your Society. Your personal reward is the knowledge that you have contributed to a growing, vibrant Society.
To be considered as a candidate for the CSNM board – you may complete the new on-line form provided at the following link:
NOMINATION FORM - https://bond.formstack.com/forms/csnm_elections_nomination
Complete details on the Nominations process are also provided in this email message.
2018 CSNM ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM)
The Annual General Meeting of the members of the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management will be held on June 13th, 2018 at 5:30 pm AST at the Delta Beausejour Hotel, 750 Main Street, Moncton, NB E1C 1E6.
You may download a copy of the Instrument of Proxy form (note a copy will also be sent to you via Canada Post along with a postage paid return envelope)
See below for complete details.
2018 - 2019/2020 CALL FOR NOMINATION PROCEDURE:
Call for Nomination Procedure:
- Prior to the Annual General Meeting, the Nominating Committee shall seek in writing to the Members, the names of eligible Members to consider for possible nominations as Directors. This year this will also include nominations for provincial representatives.
- With the new CSNM bylaw, the term of office for Directors is two years with a right to stand for re-election (up to three terms). Any Active Member is eligible from across Canada. For 2018 – 2019/2020 the following positions are up for election for a two year term:
President Elect [Note: President Elect is a 3 Year commitment – 1 Yr Pres-Elec, 1 Yr President, 1 Yr Past President]
The Following positions were elected in June 2017 and have one year remaining in their term (expiry May/June 2018):
British Columbia Representative
- Nominations submitted to the Nominating Committee must be electronically signed by the nominee and received at least 90 days prior to the Society’s Annual General Meeting, which will be held on June 13, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. AST.
- Each Province with an open position will utilize their own internal process to bring forward the names of the two candidates for each position allocated to the province as follows;
Alberta - 1 position
Ontario - 1 position
The nominations for provincial representatives must be received by the CSNM Nominations Committee within the same time frames as all other nominations. Provincial representatives must be members of both CSNM and their respective provincial association.
- The proposed slate of Directors is circulated via email to all voting Members, at least 60 days prior to the Society’s Annual General Meeting. In the event there is more than one nominee for a position, a vote will then be conducted at the Annual General Meeting on June 13, 2018.
- At the AGM, there is a final call for nominations from the floor for vacant positions only and then the vote will be conducted for all positions requiring a vote. Board of Directors is then deemed elected.
Any person wishing to nominate a peer must submit the following using the on-line nomination submission form:
- Electronic consent of the nominee, who is a CSNM member in good standing;
- Electronic consent of no less than three (3) CSNM members in good standing;
- The nominee is to complete the online nomination submission in full.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS SLATE FOR 2018-2019
|President:||Chris Weber, NM - Ontario|
|Past President:||Eric Evers, CNM – British Columbia|
|Treasurer/Secretary:||Paulette Byrnes-Carriere, CNM - Ontario|
|Admissions/Membership Portfolio Manager:||Vacant|
|Examinations Portfolio Manager:||Penny Zdichavsky, CNM - Ontario
|Accreditation Portfolio Manager:||Vacant|
|Certification Portfolio Manager:||Vacant|
|Continuing Education Portfolio Manager:||Dave Lebert, CNM - Ontario|
|Member Communications Portfolio Manager:||Margaret Brausse, CNM - Alberta|
|Provincial Representatives*:||Leslie Edwardson, CNM - Ontario|
|Ontario Rep – Vacant|
|Stephanie Ovsenek-Manning, CNM - British Columbia
|Alberta – Vacant|
|Stacey Ginter, NM - Saskatchewan
|*note: as per the bylaw, Ontario is entitled to two provincial representatives|
Deadline Dates: Nominations to be received by 5:00 pm EST to April 6, 2018
All nominations are to be submitted using the on-line submission form only.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ALL PROSPECTIVE NOMINEES:
- Shall have a keen interest in contributing to the affairs of CSNM and the profession of Nutrition Management;Shall be keen to experience personal growth and learn new skills in a volunteer capacity;
- Shall be prepared to make a commitment in terms of time: 4-8 hours per week, plus attendance at meetings and teleconferences;
- Attend the Board of Directors meeting on Saturday June 16th, 2018 in Moncton, New Brunswick (travel expenses are covered by CSNM);
- Shall learn to be an effective board member and contribute to all issues affecting CSNM. Shall learn the functions of the Board following parliamentary procedures, CSNM bylaws and policy;
- Shall be able to chair own meetings, set goals, determine appropriate actions and evaluate those actions;
- Shall contribute to the Strategic Plan;
- Shall work well as part of a team, contribute reasoned opinion and accept and support decisions reached by the Board.
DESCRIPTION OF ELECTED POSITIONS:
The President exercises power, authority and performs duties as prescribed by the Board of Directors.
This includes collaborating with the Office Services, chairs all meetings of the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and the Annual General Meeting. The position of President is a two-year commitment with the second year as Past-President
The President-Elect provides support and input to the president and acts on behalf of the President when required. The President-Elect is a three-year commitment: one year as President-Elect, one year as President and the following year as Past-President.
- Shall become familiar with duties of President and activities of the Society;
- Shall be chairperson of the Strategic Planning Committee;
- Shall be able to delegate authority, analyze issues and determine priorities;
- Shall become familiar with Parliamentary Procedures;
- Previous experience on a board of directors would be an asset.
- Shall record and file the official minutes of the Society;
- Shall be responsible for issuing cheques in accordance with approved budget;
- Shall make sure spending is kept in line with approved budget;
- Shall work closely with CSNM Office Services to ensure all money is accounted for properly;
- Shall possess knowledge of budgeting procedures and financial statements.
Accreditation Portfolio Manager
- Shall be responsible for adhering to schedule for accrediting educational programs in Nutrition Management;
- The Accreditation Portfolio Manager must be a previous Accreditation Reviewer;
- Shall arrange dates of site visit with Director of program to be accredited;
- Shall ensure that accreditation reviewers are knowledgeable about procedures;
- Shall ensure that all policies and procedures as per Accreditation Manual are followed.
Admissions/Membership Portfolio Manager
- Shall ensure all applicants meet established criteria for membership in CSNM;
- Shall seek to maintain present membership and to recruit new membership for the Society including corporate memberships.
Certification Portfolio Manager
- Shall be a Certified Nutrition Manager;
- Shall be responsible for administering the certification program as directed by the CSNM Board.
Continuing Education Portfolio Manager
- Shall organize a separate committee to coordinate and oversee provision of all educational resources to the Society;
- Shall be responsible for planning the educational component of any of the conferences/workshops as scheduled;
- Shall work cooperatively with the Member Communications Portfolio Manager in the provision of educational resources for the CSNM magazine and website;
- Shall oversee the maintenance of the membership educational database.
Examinations Portfolio Manager
- Shall organize a separate committee for preparing and marking the Entrance exams;
- Shall be responsible for preparing and marking CSNM entrance exams four times a year;
- Shall be responsible for evaluating and approving the Entrance Exam Candidate and Proctor Registration Package;
- Shall maintain a bank of up-to-date questions.
Member Communications Portfolio Manager
- Shall be Editor for the CSNM Magazine;
- Shall be responsible for and provide website updates;
- Shall seek out opportunities to promote the Society;
- Shall look for opportunities to network with other related professions.
- Shall be responsible for communication between the provincial association and CSNM;
- Shall look for opportunities to promote CSNM and the profession of Nutrition Manager.