Director of Patient & Retail Food Services - Mission, BC
Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-778-433-7769
Position: Director of Patient & Retail Food Services
Location: Mission Memorial Hospital (7324 Hurd St, Mission, BC V2V 3H5)
Imagine belonging to a team that delights in the power of healing and bringing out the best in others. Working in the healthcare food industry is amazing, because you can have a positive impact every day—on medical professionals, patients and visitors. This is so much more than a job. This is an opportunity to change lives—one day at a time.
Why work with Morrison? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. Nutrition is critical in healthcare and healing. That’s why we’re focused on delivering quality food services to patients, visitors, and hospitals employees. In addition to our culinary programs, we provide laundry, housekeeping, and facilities management.
The Food Service Director is responsible to manage the overall patient dietary program, featuring our exclusive Steamplicity system, and our retail food service operations, onsite at an acute care facility.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Food Service Directors, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
• Manage, coach and mentor a team of approx. 50+ associates.
• Coordinate service and build relationships with other departments and clinical representatives.
• Build and maintain strong client relationships and communication.
• Operational planning, inventory management, budget and financial management, costing and sales reporting, as
well as support the implementation of retail and marketing programs.
• Establish departmental goals and objectives, develop operating and capital budgets, and ensure all departmental
systems are in compliance with industry, regulatory and legislative standards.
• Ensure strict compliance with Compass' Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health &
Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Food Service Directors? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
• Current active status as a Registered Dietitian (membership in College of Dietitians of Canada) or Canadian Society
of Nutrition Management (CSNM) with strong clinical experience
• Outstanding client relationship management skills and a passion for excellence in service delivery
• Bachelor or advanced degree from a recognized university in Nutrition or Food Service Administration
• Progressive management and leadership experience in healthcare food services/dietary
• Solid experience in fiscal analysis and management of budgets, P&Ls, contracts, project costs and planning
• Current with the latest innovative trends in patient food delivery models
• Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, coach and develop direct reports during times of change and shifting priorities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as solid interpersonal skills
• Well-developed proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and working knowledge of food service IT systems
• Advanced Food Safety Training (AFST)
• Labour relations experience in a unionized setting is strongly preferred
• Branded Retail (eg. Tim Horton's etc.) food service experience strongly preferred