We are currently seeking a Full Time Director of Food Services to join our team at the Village at University Gates located in Waterloo, Ontario.
At Schlegel Villages, we aspire to provide all members of our communities, including team members, with a life enriching experience. Family owned and operated, we take our mission seriously: “to provide holistic health care in a home environment, located within an internal neighbourhood design that promotes a caring community with emphasis on optimal health and life purpose for each resident”.
Our team members are passionate about providing the highest quality of services to our residents. They not only have the right skills and knowledge, but more importantly, share the organizational values. They have the right attitude and view their role as not just a job but a calling. In all of our departments, we recruit only the best.
Schlegel Villages provides ongoing training and education programs to make sure our team members’ skills and knowledge are cutting edge. At our Villages, we realize that the highest quality of service does not just happen – it is the result of a good deal of focused effort.
We want to hire the best people, provide the best training and education, and support them with the best leadership. Our commitment to these objectives creates a culture and environment of positive engagement on our journey to change the culture of aging.
Filling this role successfully will be measured by finding the right individual who shares similar values to Schlegel Villages.
The Director of Food Services (DFS) provides leadership in the preparation and serving of food, and maintaining the Food Services Department in a clean manner, up to and exceeding all standards by Public Health and the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. The DFS ensures that diet and nutritional requirements are met and regular assessments are completed, as required. The DFS plans and manages catering functions in the Village, creates an enhanced dining experience, and accepts the role of purchasing, managing the departmental schedules, and payroll duties.
The Director of Food Services is a serving leader to team members and ensures all team members live the values of Schlegel Villages. The Director of Food Services will demonstrate exemplary customer service, provide resident-centered services, and advocate to maximize resident empowerment in decision-making and choice.
• Agrees with the objectives and philosophy of the Village and displays a caring, respectful attitude toward residents,
families, and team members
• Supports and embraces a resident-centered social culture
• Demonstrates a creative flair for menu planning, preparation, and presentation
• Experience in providing extraordinary customer service themselves and supporting a team committed to a similarly
• Has proven experience in large quantity food preparation and food purchasing
• Knows the nutritional needs of seniors
• Works well independently and as a co-operative team member
• Has strong leadership skills and the proven ability to supervise and engage the Food Services Team
• Demonstrates skill with computers (GoldCare, MS Word, internet, and office equipment)
• Is familiar with Ontario Food Premises Regulation, CCHSA, Ontario Long Term Care Facility Program manual,
Long Term Care Homes Act, and OH&S Act
• Is a Competent Supervisor, as defined by the OH&S Act
• Active membership in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (C.S.N.M.)
• Able to cope with the physical, mental, and emotional demands of the job
Schlegel Villages is pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please speak with the hiring leader.
If you are interested and meet the above qualifications, please visit www.schlegelvillages.com/careers complete a candidate profile and upload a current resume.
We thank all interested candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.